We welcome photographers of all skills into the St. Vrain Photo Society.
The best way to learn more about photography and advance your skills is to join a photography club!
Being in a club offers you many ways to engage with other members and learn valuable lessons you might not find anywhere else.
The St. Vrain Photo Club provides many ways to engage and learn from other photographers:
▪ Submit images to club events. While the public is invited to attend club meetings and events, only members may submit images for club sponsored meetings, competitions, exhibits, or events.
▪ Monthly member showcase. Each month, club members share photos that meet either of the assigned topics or the open category. Members may share details about their photos without judging or critical feedback. This member benefit is one of the most popular reasons why people join our club.
▪ Frequent critiques with visionary judges. It is a motivating and inspiring experience to get feedback from a judge, and other members, who can help with artistic vision and technical excellence. It is also fun to sit and watch the process!
▪ Field trips. Our club organizes many local and more distant places and events so you get new places to shoot and the ability to share your images with these events.
▪ Classes and discussions. Whether you are a beginner or a professional you are guaranteed to learn a ton of valuable information in each one of the classes offered by either our own members or professionals conducting special workshops.
▪ Special educational events and lectures. Our educational Chairperson works hard to invite professionals to share their vision and skills with us. Some recent lecturers have included world-renowned wildlife photographers, and professional artists.
▪ Exhibitions in local galleries and other venues allow you to print and display your work as part of our club.
▪ Community, socialization, volunteerism, and friendships always result when a like-minded
audience shares their passion.
We are looking forward to have you join the SVPS and share a photographic journey together!
You do not have to be a member to attend club meetings, they are open to anyone who is considering joining. Come check us out!
March 2022 UPDATE: Meetings will return to in-person at the church as soon as feasible.
If you are not a member of the club yet, we welcome you to attend one of our virtual meetings. Email the club president for the Zoom meeting invite. Contact information for the club officers is found in the newsletter under the About Us menu.
Our New Member Ambassador Program will make you feel at home and get involved in no time!
Meetings are held at the
First Congregational Church of Christ, 1500 9th Ave, Longmont, CO 80501
the first Monday of every month from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM.
Click Here for map and directions.
Annual dues (as of Jan 2022):
Students: $15.00 with student ID.
For the best value, join the club at the beginning of the season in January for inspiring guest speakers, the year-end competition and field trips throughout the year. Please note, there are no meetings in July and August.
One meeting a month with great guest speakers and educational programs.
Online PSA courses and study groups through our membership with the Photographic Society of America
Activities and field trips. Many of these events are free for members. Some workshops are given by industry professionals and may incur additional fees. Members sometimes receive discounts. Opportunity to be involved in club leadership
Yearly Competition at Boulder County Fair (Entry fee not included in membership) The SVPS sponsors the Photography exhibit for the Boulder County Fair. Fair competition is open to all residents of Boulder County. Click here for more information about submitting entries. You'll find more details under the "Photography" heading.
Year-end Competition, Potluck dinner and awards.
Name tag to wear at club events